Open Water Diver Course
The course you need to become a certified diver.
Gain all the skills and knowledge needed to safely, comfortably and confidently scuba dive.
During your Open Water Diver Course, you will learn how to safely use all equipment needed to scuba dive along with gaining the knowledge and skill to plan and execute a dive in your buddy pair.
This 3-4 day course will allow you to explore the exciting world underwater. Give you the confidence to dive around the world and gives you the opportunity to see wonders that many others will never see first hand.
The course consists of home study online theory, Classroom session, Confined water session and 4 Open water dives.
All courses that are taught through Sam Bennett Diving have a ratio of 4:1 (students to instructor)
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
Junior Open water Course available for ages 10-14
- Must be able to swim at least 200m
- Must be able to tread water for at least 10 mins
What you will learn during this course:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
And much more!
Included in the cost of the course are all Open water diver materials, certification cost, equipment hire. All Student are required to pay sites fees and are expected to provide there own Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Booties. (Advice and help to get the best equipment for you is happily provided).
- Complete all E-learning Modules before any practical lessons start.
- Dive planning and dive organisation session. This will be completed either in person or through our online classroom.
Equipment set up
Proper fin use
Out of gas donations
Safe water entries
Proper movement in the water
Mask removal and Clearing
Regulator removal and clearing
Out of gas Donations
and much much more.