HSE First Aid at work
What can you expect to learn:
The HSE First Aid at work program is designed to train layperson rescuers for:
- CPR administration for children, infants, and adults
- AED use for children and adults.
- First aid for possible workplace incidents.
- First aid for common injuries.
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Recognize and evaluate an emergency and a victim
- Know how to activate or alert emergency medical services (EMS)
- Be able to provide 1-person infant, child, and adult CPR to a non- breathing or injured person and administer the proper first aid.
- Properly use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
Course Structure and Duration:
The minimum number of training hours is 18 over a minimum period of 3 days
For requalification, the minimum number of training hours is 12 over a minimum period of 2 days
This course is HSE recognised and is valid for 3 years