CDAA Basic Cave
– Must have held an Open Water recreational SCUBA certification for at least 12 months and have Advanced Open Water recreational SCUBA certification or an equivalent approved by the National Committee.
– Have logged a minimum of 50 dives (post Open Water level) totalling a minimum of 25 hours, including at least two night dives and five dives deeper than 20 metres.
– Be a minimum of 18 years old.
– Successfully complete a diving medical statement. If any contraindications are flagged then a full diving medical examination will be required
What you get out of this course:
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in cavern diving activities without direct supervision so long as the following limits are adhered to:
– The diving activities approximate those of training
– Planned dives do not exceed diver’s current certification level
-Penetration is limited to the “rule of thirds,” OR 1/6th if using doubles to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet
– Penetration is limited to 40 linear metres/130 linear feet from the surface
– Proper cavern diving equipment must be used
– Maintain a continuous guideline
– No restrictions or areas that are too small for 2 divers to swim side by side
– Safety stops as appropriate or necessary
– CDAA membership with access to CDAA sites at your current training level.